12:50 Why Should We Read The Bible?
26:58 Self at the Center
38:22 Basic Bible Interpretation Method
1:28:30 Application: Applying God’s Word Today
Video: Famous Last Words
4 ways to support the channel & ministry!
(1) PayPal (preferred and easiest) Make a one-time donation at http://paypal.me/Bradsward
(2) Streamlabs LIVE Donation Donate Live or anytime by following this link to my personal donation page: https://streamlabs.com/plasteroparis1
(3) Superchat (YouTube) Make a LIVE Donation During Stream by following directions in your Live chatbox
(4) PATREON Subscribe with a recurring pledge on Patreon for access to exclusive content and Live Streams!
PROMOTIONAL MERCH To help spread the word about the channel and ministry. For Armor of Truth and Brad from Carolina Promotional T-Shirts, mugs, and other fun stuff: https://streamlabs.com/plasteroparis1/merch
Brad from Carolina/Armor of Truth is a full-time ministry.
Content will always be free.
Please Consider Donating To Support!
SOURCES & LINKS:
Zuck, Roy. Basic Bible Interpretation.
1991. David C. Cook Pub. Colorado Springs, CO
Richards & O’Brien. Misreading Scripture With Western Eyes.
2012. IV Press. Downers Grove, IL
DayzofNoah Website: https://www.dayzofnoah.com/community-forums
Armor of Truth on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AoT_Ministry
Armor of Truth on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ArmorOfTruth
Bible Study Method:
Interpretation and Application
Interpretation: What does the passage mean?
Basic Interpretation Method
1. Who wrote/spoke and who was being spoken to?
2. What does the passage say?
3. Are there words or phrases that need to be examined?
4.What is the immediate context?
5. What is the broader context?
6.Any related verses to the subject and how do they affect the passage?
7. What is the historical and cultural background?
8. What do I conclude from the passage?
9. Do my conclusions agree or disagree with the related areas of scripture and others who have studied the passage?
10. What have I learned and what, if anything, do I apply to my life?
Application: What does the passage mean FOR ME?
Applying God’s Word Today.
Nine Guidelines for Relevance-and-Response Application
1. Build Application on Interpretation
2. Determine What Was Expected of The Original Audience
3. Base Applications on Elements Present-day Readers Share with the Original Audience
4. Recognize How God’s Working Varies in Different Ages
5. Determine What Is Normative for Today
6. See the Principle Inherent in the Text
7. Think of the Principle as a Bridge to Application
8. Write Out Specific Action Responses
S.P.E.C.S – Does the passage speak of any:
a) SIN to be forsaken?
b) Promise to be claimed?
c) Example to be followed?
d) Command to be obeyed?
e) Stumbling block to be avoided?
9. Rely on the Holy Spirit